The human resources of the Navajo Nation is its most valuable resource. The Navajo Tribe, as a sovereign nation, has a responsibility to its people to oversee the education in whatever schools or school systems they are being educated, to assure their education provides excellence for all Navajo people is one that fosters:
- The formulation of age, grade and/or developmentally appropriate competencies in all basic areas of academic and cognitive skills;
- Competence in English language skills and knowledge of American culture;
- Competence in Navajo language skills and knowledge of Navajo culture;
- The development of Navajo and United States citizenship;
- Self discipline and positive self concept;
- Preparation for lifetime responsibilities in the areas of employment, family life, recreation and use of leisure; and
- An attitude toward education that encourages lifetime learning.
To view this site correctly, please download the Verdana Navajo Font here. Click here for instructions on how to use the Navajo Font.
How to Download
Click once on the font you want to download. Or, right click on it and select "save target as". A dialog box should open that says something like: "You have chosen to download a file from this location" Select "save file to disk", and click OK. Browse through your hard drive and choose where to save the font; a temporary folder or your desktop is a good place. Now you need to install the font, so you can use it.
How to install the font on your computer:
Go to Start Menu, select Control Panel, then select Fonts, then click File in the top left of the window. You'll get a drop down menu. Select Install New Font. In the window that comes up, browse your hard drive and find the font you saved to. Select it and click OK.
Alternately, you can open the folder where you saved the font, then also open C\WINDOWS\FONTS. Make both windows small and place them beside each other, not overlapping. Then simply highlight the font, and while holding your left mouse button down, drag and drop the font from its folder into the C\WINDOWS\FONTS folder. Your font is now installed. You may need to restart your computer for the fonts to become available.